Depilation, including that performed with high-quality sugaring paste, is a test for the skin. Therefore, you should take care of your skin in between procedures. The pores are open and the infection can freely penetrate through them into the tissues. Because of this, the skin becomes very sensitive and inflammation or severe irritation can easily occur. To avoid problems after the procedure, you need to know what to do after sugar waxing to protect your skin. Proper care following specialists’ recommendations is very important.
What You Should Not Do After the Sugaring Procedure
Several actions are highly discouraged after sugar depilation. Restrictions should be observed for a minimum of 24 hours, as this time is necessary for the skin to restore and tighten pores.
- Do not swim in a pool or open water. The risk of skin infection after depilation is very high. It is also worth abandoning the shower and bath for a day, so as not to provoke inflammation due to water.
- Do not visit the bath or sauna. High temperatures and humidity are dangerous for the skin after the procedure. After such warming up, in most cases, intense redness and inflammation are noted.
- Avoid working out after sugaring. In this case, active sweating occurs, and this increases the risk of infection of the pores. If you sweat, then you should take a cool shower without using gel or soap.
- Do not visit the solarium or beach. Ultraviolet or the sun can provoke the appearance of dark spots, which are always extremely difficult to eliminate.
- Do not apply deodorant or talc. They clog the pores that turned out to be open, and against this background, inflammation develops.
- Avoid wearing tight underwear and clothing made of synthetic fabrics. When Brazilian sugaring was carried out, such underwear will rub the skin, and this is dangerous with especially severe inflammation.
Given all the limitations after the procedure, sugaring must be carried out by planning your time for the next 24 hours. It is not necessary to take risks and neglect the restrictions to avoid complications after sugaring.
How to Treat Skin after Depilation
After the sugaring procedure, you should immediately provide the skin with competent care following basic recommendations. Home care after sugaring includes a set of measures:
- Treatment with antiseptic. It is carried out immediately after sugar depilation. You can use chlorhexidine for this. It does not irritate the skin and will not cause burns.
- Remedies for irritation. Use a moisturizing and soothing lotion for dry and sensitive skin. To soothe any redness, it is recommended to apply cosmetic products with aloe vera gel. They will leave the skin feeling fresh and also soothe inflammation and soothe all irritated areas of the body.
- Dryness elimination. Often after sugaring, the skin is excessively dried out. In this case, you should apply any nourishing cream that contains olive or peach oil.
Several products are very good to treat the skin after sugaring for three days. You should use deep moisturizing cosmetics with hypoallergenic ingredients. To avoid discomfort you need to moisturize the skin on the first day 3 times. Tonics, lotions, and creams can be used for this. Coconut oil after sugaring is also effective, which not only moisturizes but also has a healing and regenerating effect.
Scrubs for Peeling
Peeling is mandatory, except in cases of severe irritation or inflammation. It is required so that skin cells are actively renewed after the procedure. It also helps prevent ingrown hair after sugaring. You can use cosmetics only a day after sugaring. Do peeling once a week.
A scrub with aloe vera after sugaring has a good effect. It not only effectively exfoliates the skin but also moisturizes and heals it. You should also pay attention to the coffee-coconut scrub. In this scrub, the oil acts as a moisturizer and the grains exfoliate.
Any scrub should be applied to the skin with light massage movements. Strong pressure while applying the scrub can lead to injury by hard particles of the product.
How to Prevent Ingrown Hairs
To eliminate the risk of ingrown hairs after sugaring, it is necessary to use special cosmetics. This is very important after hair removal on the delicate areas of the armpits and bikini. More often, these are lotions, which also have a calming effect on the skin. They allow you to prevent overdrying of the skin, actively soften it, and thereby prevent the problem.
Everyone's hair growth rate is different and depends on the area. The fastest hair grows on the armpits. Usually, it takes a week after the procedure. In the bikini area hair growth is activated as early as 2 weeks. On the legs, arms, abdomen, and lower back smooth skin stays longer. When hair is removed with sugar paste, it starts growing after 3-4 weeks.
If you want the effect of velvety skin to last longer, choose some creams that delicately care for the skin and slow down hair growth. Such cosmetics contain components that penetrate deep into the roots, reduce the property of hair follicles, prevent growth, and provide thinning and hair loss.
If you constantly do sugaring, the hair follicles become weaker, and the hair is lighter and thinner. With regular procedures, the hairs become almost invisible. Most of the creams for post sugaring care contain walnut, almond, and soy milk oils. Using high-quality sugar paste from well-known manufacturers such as Sugaring Factory will minimize the risk of complications such as irritation, ingrown hairs, and red bumps after sugaring.
Proper skin care is just as important as the professionalism of the master who does the sugaring. It depends on you whether discomfort will be traced in the area of hair removal and whether negative side effects will occur after the appointment. Follow specialists’ advice to enjoy smooth skin for a long time and ensure that you know how to prepare your skin for sugaring to be ready for further procedures.