The method of removing unwanted hairs with sugar paste came from the East. Do you want to know how sugaring works? The hair is pulled out in the direction of growth, so it does not grow back as often as after waxing. In general, sugaring is considered a less painful procedure. It is enough to turn to professionals who use high-quality sugaring paste, and the desired result is guaranteed. But still, like any depilation, it is a strong stress for the skin. And with the wrong care, you may encounter problems such as irritation, inflammation, and itching. But proper care will help to avoid discomfort. It is enough to follow a few simple rules before and after sugaring so that your skin always remains soft and smooth. This is an important factor that determines the further condition of the skin in the depilated area and its readiness for upcoming procedures.
How to prepare your skin before sugaring
To get the best results from sugaring, it is important to properly prepare the skin. A few simple tips will help with this:
- Hair must be at least 0.2 inches long. If it’s your first time, it’s better to have your hair a little longer (0.3 inches). This length usually takes 17 days to grow after you shaved. Hair in the armpit area grows quicker, so it takes 8-10 days to reach the required length.
- Avoid visiting tanning booth, doing body wraps, applying creams and lotions.
- Preferably wear cotton underwear on the day of your appointment.
- Avoid wearing tight jeans or pants (they can irritate your skin, which becomes very sensitive after the procedure).
- If your period suddenly has started, don't worry, it's not a reason to cancel the appointment. Using a tampon is acceptable and hygienic.
- Come to your appointment freshly showered or use cleansing wipes.
A Few Tips for Post Sugaring Care
To avoid discomfort between sugaring procedures, try to follow simple rules:
- During next 24 hrs after the procedure avoid: sauna, pool, gym, swimming in lakes and rivers, taking a bath, massage, SPA-procedures: also avoid visiting tanning booths for the next 48 hrs.
- Avoid applying deodorant on a treated area (armpits) for a couple of days after sugaring.
- Use medicated lotion to soothe and protect your skin (apply gently) after the shower.
- In 5-7 days after epilation gently exfoliate treated skin using after epilation body scrub. It helps to prevent or treat ingrown hair. Then use scrub two times a week.
- Do not apply any lotions or creams on the treated skin until the irritation and redness disappears.