How to prepare your skin for sugaring?
- Hair must be at least 0.2 inches long. If it’s your first time, it’s better to have your hair a little longer (0.3 inches). This length usually takes 17 days to grow after you shaved. Hair in the armpit area grows quicker, so it takes 8-10 days to reach the required length.
- Avoid visiting tanning booth, doing body wraps, applying creams and lotions.
- Preferably wear cotton underwear on the day of your appointment.
- Avoid wearing tight jeans or pants (they can irritate your skin, which becomes very sensitive after the procedure).
- If your period suddenly has started, don't worry, it's not a reason to cancel the appointment. Using a tampon is acceptable and hygienic.
- Come to your appointment freshly showered or use cleansing wipes.
Post sugaring care (between procedures):
- During next 24 hrs after the procedure avoid: sauna, pool, gym, swimming in lakes and rivers, taking a bath, massage, SPA-procedures: also avoid visiting tanning booths for the next 48 hrs.
- Avoid applying deodorant on a treated area (armpits) for a couple of days after sugaring.
- Use medicated lotion to soothe and protect your skin (apply gently) after the shower.
- In 5-7 days after epilation gently exfoliate treated skin using after epilation body scrub. It helps to prevent or treat ingrown hair. Then use scrub two times a week.
- Do not apply any lotions or creams on the treated skin until the irritation and redness disappears.