Sugaring and diabetes
Is it safe to remove hair with sugaring paste if you have diabetes? Lack of knowledge on this subject creates many myths. So yet, is it safe or not?
Sugaring paste and diabetes
As a rule, logical consequence works like that: if a person has diabetes, then everything that contains sugar is prohibited. And this is absolute truth. Indeed, you are not allowed to EAT sugar and other foods, that increase sugar level in blood. But a short-term impact on skin with a sugaring paste – as it happening during sugaring, is allowed. Claim to the contrary, is equal to the statement, that diabetic should not touch the bread (especially white), fruit (almost all), potatoes, work with a dough and etc.
The main danger of hair removal with diabetes is hidden not in sugaring paste https://sugaringfactory.com/, but in a special sensitivity of the skin, that is developing with this disease. Skin is easily traumatized and recovers much longer. That's why for diabetic any epilation or depilation is not only complicated procedure, but also a dangerous one.
Important fact: sugaring is recognized as one of the safest ways of hair removal.
Main risks of sugaring for diabetics:
- Low-skilled specialist (technique is not mastered).
- Using not certified sugaring paste (homemade).
- Unsanitary conditions.
Possible but carefully
There is no special technique of working with diabetics. But there are certain rules, that specialist is required to follow, while performing depilation on diabetic, or any other client:
- Cleanliness and sterility. Hands and operated area of skin are treated with antiseptic, the use of sterile gloves and professional waxing supplies https://sugaringfactory.com/supply is required. After hair removal, depilated area is also treated with antiseptic.
- Technique must be mastered to perfection. It is important not to forget pull the skin with the snatch, that should be done along the hair growth, parallel direction to the skin (not perpendicular!).
- Attention to the client. In the case of cuts, redness, rash, allergic reactions or etc. sugaring is prohibited. Epilation is possible only after full recovery.
- You must give client a consultation, about correct behavior after procedure. Skin care details: https://sugaringfactory.com/blog-of-sugaring-factory/5-methods-for-quick-skin-restoration-after-face-sugaring.
Before procedure ask your client about sugar level in blood. It is not recommended to perform sugaring, if this index is much higher than normal.
- Sugaring is not prohibited in case of diabetes, exceptions are the clients with severe forms of disease.
- There are certain restrictions: sugar level in blood, skin traumas.
- Extra attention to the safety is required in work with diabetes diagnosed clients.