What should be done for the psychological comfort of clients?
Sugaring is a great way to remove hair, not only from legs and arms, but also on intimate areas such as armpits and bikini zone. It's important for the practitioner not only to be able to remove unwanted hair with minimal pain and discomfort, but also to know how to support the client, because for most women it's difficult to overcome the embarrassment and make an appointment for sugaring. On one hand, a woman needs to undress, and on the other hand, hair should be of a certain length. Another barrier is a fear of pain. A practitioner can help a client to overcome those fears. Let's discuss the basics of the clients' psychological comfort during sugaring procedure.
What can I do to make the client comfortable?
For the client to feel calm and confident, the practitioner should:
1. Before the client undresses or while he or she is in the locker room, explain in details the procedure and products to use after it. This will help him/her to distract themselves from fear and worries, relax and feel at ease in the hands of a professional.
2. Spread a disposable sheet on the couch, put on disposable gloves and, if necessary, a gauze bandage, in front of the client, so he/she sees that the sanitary and hygienic norms are observed strictly and the practitioner cares about the clients' health.
3. Turn on a quiet background music, encourage and calm the client, talk to him/her about anything to distract him/her from pain. The client should feel that he/she is not the only one who feels embarrassed, that everyone goes through it, but eventually discomfort will disappear for sure.
• It is important to choose not a walk-through office, as well as the one that can be locked with a key. Thus the client will be sure that no one else can enter the room in a middle of the procedure.
• As for the interior and, especially, the colors, the preference should be given to light soft colors - for example, beige or green, which is known for its calming properties.
• Do not forget about lighting. It should consist of two parts: the main and additional. Make sure that the light is not aimed at the customer's face, once the client is on the couch and raises his/her head up.
• Water, hot and cold is a must. You can install a sink, but, if possible, it is better to have a shower.
We wish you to become a professional who not only performs at the highest level, but also the one the clients will not feel afraid to come to.