Sugaring is the removal of body hair using a thick sugaring paste. This type of depilation is the most painless way to remove hair. But what should girls with high sensitivity do, especially when sugaring in the intimate area and armpits? Let’s discuss the most effective methods to reduce pain intensity during the sugar waxing bikini zone.
How to Properly Prepare for the Sugaring Procedure
Is sugar waxing painful? A few simple tips will help you to feel more confident during bikini sugar waxing.
- First of all, before a sugaring session, your skin should be clean. You should take a shower or relax in the bath.
- One or two days before the procedure, you can preliminary scrub the skin in the bikini area. This will exfoliate the dead scales and make the skin smooth.
- It is better not to use creams and oils to soften the skin before the session. These cosmetic products are oily and will not be able to provide good adhesion of the hard wax to the skin.
- The length of the hair in the bikini area should not be less than 4 mm. Otherwise the master will not be able to carry out the procedure. Too short hairs are not captured by sugar paste.
- Be sure to consult with the master about the components of the cosmetics used. There may be individual intolerance, which entails the presence of serious consequences. People with diabetes should avoid this procedure.
- A tan. It is not recommended to visit the solarium or sunbathe. Ultraviolet rays injure and dry the skin. As a result, along with the hair in the bikini area, part of the upper layer of the epidermis is removed.
Do not carry out the deep bikini sugaring yourself at home. Usually, hair in this area has a different direction of growth. When performing work by a non-certified master, there is a high possibility of irritation and ingrown hairs.
Pain Relief Methods for Deep Bikini Sugaring
Asking the master what is sugaring, many women, first of all, want to know if it is painful. Painkillers are a godsend for modern women. With their appearance on the market, the process of hair removal has ceased to be accompanied by strong painful sensations. Many ladies who refuse this procedure out of fear can now enjoy their femininity and smooth skin.
The industry offers several painkillers for deep bikini sugaring:
- medicines – tablets;
- anesthetics for external use;
- alternative methods of pain relief for waxing.
How to Choose the Right Anesthesia for Sugaring
The choice of anesthesia for sugaring a deep bikini should be approached responsibly considering such factors as:
- Individual intolerance to the components. Before applying painkillers for Brazilian bikini sugaring, you need to study their composition, side effects, and contraindications. Most medications are contraindicated in persons under 18 years of age and pregnant women.
- Efficiency. The effectiveness of an anesthetic for sugaring a deep bikini for one person can be completely different for another. In this situation, the pain threshold, the day of the cycle, and hereditary factors are taken into account. It is worth choosing with your master a medicine that is suitable in all respects.
- Time of medicine exposure. Always follow the instructions for use strictly. Pay attention to how long the medicine works and when the effect begins and increases.
Alternative Pain Relief Methods
The most popular option for getting rid of pain is cold. It really freezes the nerve endings and reduces sensitivity. But many technicians believe that cold only harms hair removal, as it narrows the mouths of the follicles and makes it difficult to remove hair.
Also important is the day of the woman's cycle. During menstruation (as well as during pregnancy), the pain threshold drops. Habitual sensations become much stronger. Even if the deep bikini sugaring procedure has never caused pain, during the days of menstruation, you can feel severe pain. Professional technicians always pay attention to the sensations, and, if possible, transfer the sugaring sessions to more favorable days.
Micro-wounds, scratches, exacerbations of skin diseases, burns from the sun or solarium, and herpes can significantly affect pain. If minor problems are found, then it is worth postponing the deep bikini sugaring session until the skin is completely healed.
Answering the question, “Сan you use sugar wax on your bikini?” many masters say that the most important thing is to prepare mentally. Professional technicians will carry out the procedure correctly and answer all questions, which will allow the client to relax and experience a minimum of discomfort.